Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: Midway 1942 Test

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I am testing something a little different this time. Instead of a dynamic campaign I am running a static map of Midway for testing. The ships are much closer together, and the Allies have a base on Midway Island. The B-17 is available, but flight time from Midway to the Japanese fleet is approximately an hour. The Brewster "Buffalo" Mk.I is available at Midway, as is the Grumman F4F-3 and the PBN-1 (a little something for my friends at the 209 Squadron, RAF). Mission time is four hours, and the objective for this test is one ship. So far in testing I have found it very difficult to sink even a single ship, but we may need to adjust the number with a full compliment of players on each side. If you do manage to sink a ship, the map will reset and you can fly it again.

Please give this scenario a try. I still plan on learning how to move the ships for a dynamic campaign for a later event, but for now, I'd like to give this a try. I think it has something for everyone.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tblaster

Re: Wings~of~War: Midway 1945 Test

Unread post by Tblaster »

I stumbled on it this weekend and played on it...on the carriers, they were so close I couldn't take off w/o getting shot up, so I tried taking off from Midway but got lost over open water -- for what it's worth, this map a was bit difficult for a noob like me.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Tblaster,

Thank you for the feedback. I tried running the mission for a week, but the damage to the carriers was prohibitive. So, now it runs for 4 hours and then resets. Also, if you are flying from Midway Island to the Japanese fleet, a heading of 340 will get you there. But, as I stated above, it will take about an hour.

Since you have already provided some feedback, please give it another go and see if it is more to your liking. We have some time on this, so there's no hurry.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tblaster

Unread post by Tblaster »

Roger, will do, thanks for the magic number, and also the time estimate...that puts that part in a better perspective for sure.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that i was wondering if you plan on putting the catapult mod on the carriers? I couldn't take off with a full combat load, and my research indicates that this game doesn't properly model the wind coming over the carrier deck, so you either have to put on the catapult mod or put about 20mph into the config file (per something written by an AG-51 guy on AAA forums).

Jagr

Unread post by Jagr »

I say do the catapult mod. It is a lot more fair that way. and it won't affect the maps weather.

P.S
Tblaster - it does simulate it. Only when written in. Oleg "Switched Off" the code for wind in the 4.08m patch. If you install 1.0 then you will have wind.

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

S!

Oooooooo PBN-1s, Just a refressher Tiger what is the pw for the server?
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Benge,

For testing the server is not passworded.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer