MAD!!!

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Decker
Major
Major

MAD!!!

Unread post by Decker »

I don't understand what just happened! I was returning to base. Take a long slow approach barely touch my wheels down and I explode. I had already dropped my bombs on a target and bomb bay doors were closed. Why the heck would I explode like that for no reason? I came in at an angle where I did not even bounce. :evil:

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

american
Captain
Captain

Re: MAD!!!

Unread post by american »

Decker wrote:I don't understand what just happened! I was returning to base. Take a long slow approach barely touch my wheels down and I explode. I had already dropped my bombs on a target and bomb bay doors were closed. Why the heck would I explode like that for no reason? I came in at an angle where I did not even bounce. :evil:

Is it possible that maybe you hit a static object?

The game believes any collision is catastrophic.

I hope they fix this in COD
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Sorry Decker, I have no answers for you.
Trouble4u

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Decker wrote:I don't understand what just happened! I was returning to base. Take a long slow approach barely touch my wheels down and I explode. I had already dropped my bombs on a target and bomb bay doors were closed. Why the heck would I explode like that for no reason? I came in at an angle where I did not even bounce. :evil:
If you got hit by flak it might be that your landing gear was damaged. If that is the case, it generally wrecks you right at touchdown from what I've seen.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

All possabilities guys. thanks. Still made me mad a I don't know what though.

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

Space wrote:
If you got hit by flak it might be that your landing gear was damaged. If that is the case, it generally wrecks you right at touchdown from what I've seen.

This is a plasuable theory

did you check your landing gear lights?

I know that the game does consider damage to the gear and some times require you to manually pump down the gear on planes that would otherwise do it automatically.
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

I've suffered gear damage and landed just fine with what ever was left of them down, just usually ends with an engine inoperable :)

its also possible that if there was fighting going on some hot shot flak gunner scored a direct hit on your ass.
ve must fight vor the comfy couch