Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 Scores

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Congratulations to the Axis side on the win. Here are the scores;

Axis 61,604
Allied 23,232
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

AKA_Jericho

Re: Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 Scores

Unread post by AKA_Jericho »

Congrats to the Blue side ,

but i wonder how Reds were ever going to win when most of Blue points came from ground / sea targets there were no such targets available to the reds other than aaa to accumulate anywhere near the points earned by blue

so i feel the war should be calculated on aggrigate (total of both original and Redoux ) to define the overall winner

Just a thought , dont realy care either way as long as i get shoot down speedy :)

S! J

RCAF_FB_Corsair

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Corsair »

~S~

In the actual BoB, there were limited German ship assets. The only thing they had that could be sunk in the English Channel were the E-Boats, and the U-Boats. On the other hand, the Brits had ships coming in constantly, bringing much needed supplies, i.e. fuel, ammo, parts, weapons, planes, etc. Plus, the only raids made on German facilities in France at that time were small, quick hit ones, usually with a bomber or fighter-bomber. Nothing major because they couldn't afford to loose the men or planes.

RCAF_FB_Corsair

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

RCAF_FB_Corsair wrote:~S~

In the actual BoB, there were limited German ship assets. The only thing they had that could be sunk in the English Channel were the E-Boats, and the U-Boats. On the other hand, the Brits had ships coming in constantly, bringing much needed supplies, i.e. fuel, ammo, parts, weapons, planes, etc. Plus, the only raids made on German facilities in France at that time were small, quick hit ones, usually with a bomber or fighter-bomber. Nothing major because they couldn't afford to loose the men or planes.

RCAF_FB_Corsair

Yep, exactly. Since there was also the need to fear an invasion by sea, the Brits also attacked the ports sinking many barges that the Germans were assembling .
Trouble4u

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Wellingtons also bombed Berlin, resulting in Hitler's order to switch to London as the primary target.

I missed the end, but if Britain wasn't invaded .. we won :-)

Sadly my three Beaufighter kills against 110s aren't included, even though I landed them - in fact it is as if those missions were never flown
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

Yeah i know about the none existant but successfull runs with points. Hit london 3 or 4 times and got points from 335 to 355 area, made it home safley but they didn't show up in the points area for me on the score card. Also noticed that with boat runs as well. There where several times that me and Bozo would go out hit multiable ships that totaled over a 1000 points but in the score card it shows only 600 for one ship and not the other. So for some bloody reason the score counter is missing things. May want to look a little into this Tiger and see if its a glitch or maybe just not recording correctly ~S~ Blood out.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Of all the campiagns so far this one was pretty close to the top in fun. It is just too bad that we can't get 99 players to all fly at once. 3 or 4 per side just isn't as fun - at least until everyone makes contact at once. With everything else that people play, it seems we just don't get waves of players like we did in the first couple of campaigns, which is too bad as the campaigns are getting better all the time, and now that we have the ground rules of no rules everyone is on the same page as far as what is expected.

Unfortunately, it looks like I am playing guitar in the bar this coming week, so will probably miss most of the times that everyone is flying the redoux as well.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

RCAF_FB_Inferno

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Inferno »

I think an aggregate score would work well. It seems nearly impossible to bring down bombers without using 2-3 fighters worth of ammunition, which adversely affects scoring for the British (at least from what I saw during the axis campaign). We were literally chasing down fighters with small groups of JU-88's with virtually no fear of being shot down ourselves.