Singapore Map AI Issues

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U

Singapore Map AI Issues

Unread post by RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U »

~S~ all,

RCAF_FB have encountered AI's every time the map starts over in overwhelming numbers. We now have AI's fighters high over our base before we even are wheels up. They are spawning in with air starts almost on top of us. Furthermore, Multiple "V" shaped Flights of "Sally's" are spawning in at 10-15K ft. and conducting two pronged attacks. One group drops bombs and the following drops paratroopers that we have no way repelling. They take out huge swaths of held land in one run. We take out an entire “Sally” flight assuming they are gone and within a few minutes another flight replaces them at altitude again already on its way. Needless to say they are very effective at moving the lines. The issue we are concerned with is that =AVG= Tiger stated all AI's would NOT re-spawn in for future maps after the first rotation. There seems to be an obvious disconnect between what =AVG=Tiger perceives is going on as to what is really happening in his DCG map creation(s). Please explain why this is happening or if there is a way to stop it.

The final insult seems that we do not have any AI’s of our own to at least even it up somewhat. We would rather fly against real pilots instead of AI’s that can see through clouds to shoot and instantly are replenished when they are killed.

~S~ W/C GUN_N4U

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Singapore Map AI Issues

Unread post by S.L.N »

S!
Colslaw was shot down by ai, Tiger had to shoot down an ai in order to get off the ground, I shot down an ai but did not make it home because of other ai's. So there are red ai's buzzing around as well.
I hope that this gets fixed soon.
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

OldE

Unread post by OldE »

....we have AI but not countering the others or helping it seems. i know they get you some times but the major issue is this campaign will be over tomorrow because we will not have a base to use due to the 24 sally's every round 12 bombing and 12 sally's with paratroopers that just get everything and there seems to be no stopping it... so i guess we will see maby i am wrong and it will change but as of now this campaign will be over tomorrow from what i see.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

Here's the crazy thing... the DCG is now showing all squadrons as "Human Only". I realized I goofed at the start last night, but then switched all squadrons over to "Human Only." There shouldn't be any AI! I'll look into it again, though.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

My hope is once it is over, Tiger can correct what were oversights when he set it up, and we then rerun it correctly. He spent the day getting it all ready, and was as surprised as we were that AI were still in.

My request would be to get the Val included so that blue has a ground attack aircraft. In real life the IJA had the Sonia, Ann and Mary, of which the Sonia is the closest to a Val in appearance.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U

~S~ All,

The AI's are still there. The campaign will be over by tomorrow anyway based on the AI’s action. The AI's are doing all the work for the IJN side as it is. This is disappointing and a sad commentary that the AI's are actually giving us more of a challenge then real pilots, albeit the AI’s are here in real numbers. . You all may claim to have a few AI's engaging you, but we have them coming at us by the dozens. Not exactly a balanced campaign. I am not surprised by this. I kept my eye on the server when it was up for practice this week. One thing that stood out then as it does now is the IJN AI’s ruled the map. RCAF is fighting the same scenario right now in almost an exact mirror of what the IJN AI's were doing all last week. This map is seriously flawed because of the AI planes. If the tables were turned the RCAF could literally not show up and watch the map change daily until the end of the week. It is another disappointment at best and an absolute incompetent farce at worst.

~S~ W/C GUN_N4U

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4 wrote: It is another disappointment at best and an absolute incompetent farce at worst.

~S~ W/C GUN_N4U
Why would you pretend a salute after a comment like that?
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U wrote:~S~ All,

The AI's are still there. The campaign will be over by tomorrow anyway based on the AI’s action. The AI's are doing all the work for the IJN side as it is. This is disappointing and a sad commentary that the AI's are actually giving us more of a challenge then real pilots, albeit the AI’s are here in real numbers. . You all may claim to have a few AI's engaging you, but we have them coming at us by the dozens. Not exactly a balanced campaign. I am not surprised by this. I kept my eye on the server when it was up for practice this week. One thing that stood out then as it does now is the IJN AI’s ruled the map. RCAF is fighting the same scenario right now in almost an exact mirror of what the IJN AI's were doing all last week. This map is seriously flawed because of the AI planes. If the tables were turned the RCAF could literally not show up and watch the map change daily until the end of the week. It is another disappointment at best and an absolute incompetent farce at worst.

~S~ W/C GUN_N4U
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U wrote:It is another disappointment at best and an absolute incompetent farce at worst.
S!~ GUN,

I would like to point out that it took you more than 2 years and 9 campaigns to realize that I am incompetent. That being said, you may want to keep in mind that we are using a BETA version of the DCG and therefore it can produce unintended results. Now, that doesn't mean that I am entirely competent as a server operator, but I will point out that we didn't have these types of issues when using the stock version of the DCG. The only problem we had with static DCG campaigns was an error in my judgment on my part in the first Normandy campaign when I only assigned one airfield for the red team.

Even North Africa 1943 went well with the BETA DCG. So, we had issues during the last Midway 1942 Campaign with ships colliding. Since the only way to make the ships move in the new BETA DCG is to create the ship roads in a box with right angles, I doubt that there was anything even a "competent" server operator could have done about it, except to identify it as a potential problem and not use the map for an online campaign. We also had some minor issues regarding some of the Zuti settings as I was unfamiliar with all of the various options, such as EnableReflyOnlyIfBailedOrDied which, when enabled, wouldn't allow us to hit "Refly." For the record, I am now up to speed on all the various Zuti settings and I will be using them in the campaigns from now on. And, I will include the Zuti settings in all future documentation so you know what to expect.

Now we're having issues with Singapore 1941 due to an error on my part, which I readily admit. I could have made excuses or blamed someone or something else, but that's not my style. Instead, I'll admit that I made a mistake, apologize for the inconvenience, and work to ensure that this type of thing doesn't happen again.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U

~S~ all,

The RCAF has offered assistance in the past to no avail. It has for the most part been ignored, so be it. I’m only voicing similar statements that several RCAF members have made already. I will admit the constructive criticism can be viewed differently as evidence by your members’ responses. When all RCAF are essentially are stating the same thing, there is potentially something to it if the measure of it is taken by those who would consider what is stated. It’s not meant to invite an argument, only an opportunity to better the campaigns for the future.

~S~ W/C GUN_N4U