REFLY Issue.....

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RCAF_FB_Norris

REFLY Issue.....

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Norris »

Is there going to be a fix for this refly issue? Otherwise japs are going to lose planes too quickly, and never be able to claim full points on the targets.

[MAG]NichtSehrGut

Re: REFLY Issue.....

Unread post by [MAG]NichtSehrGut »

I got a kill last night and landed safely on the carrier, couldn't refly, and the kill didn't even register in my stats?

What are we supposed to do?

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

If I was told correctly this is a feature of Zuti that resticts the use of the refly button for about 15 to 45 seconds. I forget what exactly it simulates but that was one of the features in Zuti's MDS1.13
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

It is a DCG issue. The DCG is not passing all of the airfield data that Zuti uses. You can wait a few seconds after you bail and click "Refy" but I haven't been able to do it when landing. The best we can do for now is bail after landing. Fortunately, it's the same for all bases, including Midway Island. So, there is no advantage in this respect for being on the Allied team.

Lowengrin, the person who wrote the DCG, is working on a new version right now with his Beta team. It will include version 4.10m, and some of the MDS stuff is now part of 4.10m. Unfortunately, we don't have a version of the DCG to run this flawlessly at the moment.

ISSUE: Bug
DESCRIPTION: No TAB/REFLY in carrier missions. Player able to select "Refly" after bailing out (there is a 30 - 45 second delay).
WORKAROUND: None

One thing to keep in mind is that you do not want to exit the server as you will receive no score. My best suggestion right now is to bail out after each sortie. IIRC, baling out gives you 50% of your score, but bailing over your base gives you 70% of your score, so it is still important to RTB.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution at the moment, guys. I'm sure it will be all the excuse we need to go back later and do this in version 4.10m, though. :D
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

You know those times when you feel like a complete dumbass? Well, this is one of those times...

I found these entries in the Zuti settings (in the mds.dcg file) as I was looking over the campaign;

ZutiMisc_EnableReflyOnlyIfBailedOrDied 1
ZutiMisc_DisableReflyForMissionDuration 0
ZutiMisc_ReflyKIADelay 15

Doh! So, I disabled the first one, and set ZutiMisc_ReflyKIADelay to 1. Now we can hit "Refly." It wasn't a bug after all, and I feel pretty stupid. :oops:
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Razgriz_37 wrote:If I was told correctly this is a feature of Zuti that resticts the use of the refly button for about 15 to 45 seconds. I forget what exactly it simulates but that was one of the features in Zuti's MDS1.13
Tiger wrote:You know those times when you feel like a complete dumbass? Well, this is one of those times...

I found these entries in the Zuti settings (in the mds.dcg file) as I was looking over the campaign;

ZutiMisc_EnableReflyOnlyIfBailedOrDied 1
ZutiMisc_DisableReflyForMissionDuration 0
ZutiMisc_ReflyKIADelay 15

Doh! So, I disabled the first one, and set ZutiMisc_ReflyKIADelay to 1. Now we can hit "Refly." It wasn't a bug after all, and I feel pretty stupid. :oops:
Uh huh.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.