Greetings

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Jaeger55

Greetings

Unread post by Jaeger55 »

Hello AVG,

You all can thank Pirate Smile for giving me the web address and SLN for telling me to check the spam folder for the confirmation e-mail so I can post here. Is this the same AVG that goes back to CFS1? I was a member of that AVG many years ago, are you guys the same AVG?

Like many of you, I fly in Skies of Valor and enjoy flying alongside or against some of the top notch pilots the AVG have to offer. The AVG are a credit to the IL2 community.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Greetings

Unread post by S.L.N »

this is the avg that goes all the way back to burma :shock:
~S~ and welcome to the boards :) make sure to hop on ts with us
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Vengence
Major
Major

Unread post by Vengence »

S! Jaeger so nice to see you joining us on here. Hope to see you in the air and fight along side of you. Like SLN said dont be a stranger to our TS come and join us.
Major Vengence
3rd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Jaeger55 wrote:Is this the same AVG that goes back to CFS1? I was a member of that AVG many years ago, are you guys the same AVG?
S!~ Sir,

This group dates back to February of 2008. It is made up of former and current RB3D pilots and what was the 4thFG of IL-2. Freebird and Duece left 4thFG for the AFJ, and we became the =AVG= of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. However, along the way we did recruit a member from the AVG of CFS, and that is Snowy.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Jaeger55

Thanks Tiger and Co.

I'm wondering what you guys use. I Have [email protected] with the auto updater thing and an old broken down X-52 Flightstick. No Track IR and I do not foresee getting it either. I do kinda well in SoV but strangely not well in SoF at all.
When AVG flys as a unit in an official match or wargame what are the usual settings? Flying in War-Clouds is exciting, but you have to have your A+ game on when you are in there because they will flame you(me) very quickly.

Pirates_Smile

Unread post by Pirates_Smile »

Hey Jaeger-Meister,

Good to see you in here my friend. Just want to say I enjoy flying with and against you...cept that last time when you got me because I was trying to type to Z4R about his modded Damage Bubble my P-38 couldn't hit.... the entire time I was behind him. Ridiculous of Z4R but I digress...

Anyway I'd love to hear your girly screams on AVG comms with us when you're being attacked...so COME FLY WITH US...then you'll see what true team dynamics in a room like SOV is...plus its simply fun as all hell. When we ride together...we're UNSTOPPABLE:

Don't I look Smashing in RED?

And...why are BOTH my medals upside down?
Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

— Derek Robinson.

Jaeger55

I've been trying to get on comms more often. I dont mind chit chat on TS but sometimes it's distracting and then I have to wear the headphones. This means 100% focus on the game, which is kinda hard with two young ones about. But I will try to get on TS with you guys.

As far as the Unstoppable thing, we'll see. Last check, you were in the top 3 of American pilots on SoV, and you have no problems smok'en me. I just try to get good solid hits and get a kill when I can, usually after flying around for a while to set up a good bounce.

My rule number one is Bring it home, make the landing, at least make it to friendly lines and force land.

No. 2 Stay off the deck

No. 3 shoot to kill/ and don't try to get kills. The more I try to get a kill, the less often I get'em.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Jaeger55 wrote:I'm wondering what you guys use. I Have [email protected] with the auto updater thing and an old broken down X-52 Flightstick. No Track IR and I do not foresee getting it either. I do kinda well in SoV but strangely not well in SoF at all.
When AVG flys as a unit in an official match or wargame what are the usual settings? Flying in War-Clouds is exciting, but you have to have your A+ game on when you are in there because they will flame you(me) very quickly.
S!~ Jaeger,

We fly a little bit of everything, like Ghost Skies (full switch), Wings~of~War (full switch), and United Squadrons League (Open Cockpit). We also fly some SEOW (full switch), and we fly in the Skies of Valor, of course. The recurring theme for =AVG= seems to be that we all like to be in the cockpit with or without outside views.

I highly recommend TrackIR. If finances are an issue, perhaps someone here as a spare, or could help you build a "Free Track" system.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler