Hello Guys! (and gals)

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

BigMack

Hello Guys! (and gals)

Unread post by BigMack »

Hey Y'all,

It has been a long time, hope all of you are doing well, I see the Arctac Angels message board has changed around quite a bit. I still live in Michigan, I have IL2 loaded on my computer and it is running but it appears the reaction is too lively or over reactive when moving the joystick, can I get some guidance?

1) How I change the reaction time for my Joystick?

2) In the hardware set-up page for Joysticks, the yellow and red square blocks do not line-up in the center, can I adjust this?

Thanks for your help,

BigMack 8-)

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Hello Guys! (and gals)

Unread post by Trouble4u »

WOAH!

S! BigMack!

Wow, how the heck are you!? It has been a long time!

In hardware set up you'll see "input" And there you can make adjustments to your stick. I'm not really sure what adjustments you'll need to make but I'm betting there is some one around here that can help you better.

Going to be great to be flying with you again Mack!
Trouble4u

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Salute BigMack! How you doin, old friend??

Best way to start here is to give up hardware information, that way those with that same hardware can tell you what you need to know.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

PFT Module 1 Basic Game Set-up 01 09 2010 wrote:Located in the “Hardware Setup” and “Inputs”, Pull down the required settings to be modified and move each number slider to correspond with the following settings:

Pitch and Roll:

20 29 37 47 55 61 65 76 80 89

Yaw:

100 across the board

As always, ensure that your joystick is properly calibrated, and that you are comfortable flying with it. These settings are merely suggestions.
See if that helps, BigMack. And, you can always join us on TeamSpeak. Any member available will be happy to help you.

S!~
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

BigMack

Unread post by BigMack »

Trouble4u wrote:WOAH!

S! BigMack!

Wow, how the heck are you!? It has been a long time!

In hardware set up you'll see "input" And there you can make adjustments to your stick. I'm not really sure what adjustments you'll need to make but I'm betting there is some one around here that can help you better.

Going to be great to be flying with you again Mack!
S! Trouble,

It has so long since I have saluted someone...

I am doing fine, still working at United Solar, recently, I updated my computer to have 1 GB of RAM and IL2 acually runs now but I may need to updated my video.

Hope all is well for you, I look forward to flying again, I just need to get some practice under my belt and get familiar with the controls, etc., I will keep in touch.

BigMack 8-)

BigMack

Unread post by BigMack »

Space wrote:Salute BigMack! How you doin, old friend??

Best way to start here is to give up hardware information, that way those with that same hardware can tell you what you need to know.

Salute Space!

I am fine, my hardware line-up is:

Dimension 2350

Dell Pentium 4 CPU 2.20GHz
2.19 GHz,
DDR SDRAM memory , 1 GB of RAM (orig. had 256 MB & bump it up)

I am assuming that I have the typical graphics card / system that is on the motherboard,
curently, I am using a Thrustmaster (TopGun) Joystick (same JS that Used for RB).

IL2 appears to run good, I am guessing the game will be a little smoother if I had a better video card installed.

With this system, should I be ok to play online?

Thanks for your help.

BigMack 8-)

BigMack

Unread post by BigMack »

Tiger wrote:
PFT Module 1 Basic Game Set-up 01 09 2010 wrote:Located in the “Hardware Setup” and “Inputs”, Pull down the required settings to be modified and move each number slider to correspond with the following settings:

Pitch and Roll:

20 29 37 47 55 61 65 76 80 89

Yaw:

100 across the board

As always, ensure that your joystick is properly calibrated, and that you are comfortable flying with it. These settings are merely suggestions.
See if that helps, BigMack. And, you can always join us on TeamSpeak. Any member available will be happy to help you.

S!~

Salute Tiger!

I remember you from Red Baron, were you with the RAF squadron?

Thanks for the JS set-up help, this has set me on the right path, I can take off a little easier now.

I set the Pitch, Roll and Yaw as you mentioned, how do I calibrate the Thrustmaster JS or is that it?

Thanks again for your help.

BigMack 8-)

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

BigMack wrote: I remember you from Red Baron, were you with the RAF squadron?
Yes sir, that's me. The former RAF_Tiger.
BigMack wrote: I set the Pitch, Roll and Yaw as you mentioned, how do I calibrate the Thrustmaster JS or is that it?
You can do the calibration using the software that came with the stick, or in the Control Panel under "Game Controllers". Either way, you'll end up at the same place (Controller Properties).

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do our best to help.

S!~
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Emil Frand

Unread post by Emil Frand »

Dang BM!! This is turning into the old folks home aint it!

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

You ain't gettin older Emil, that's just propaganda. Trust me. ;)
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu