Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: Berlin 1945 Scores

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Please join me in congratulating the Red Team on their victory.

Allied 48,217
Axis 21,367

Thank you, Warren, for handling the scoring this time around.

EDIT: Based on the posts below I took another look at the scores. It seems that Warren did not divide the Allied score by 2 as he did the Axis score, because all of the pilot totals were included in the total scores. My numbers now agree with Stonehalo's numbers. An updated spreadsheet is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

YOKE
Major
Major

Re: Wings~of~War: Berlin 1945 Scores

Unread post by YOKE »

~S~
was a fun first half :)
congrats to all .
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

69th_Stonehalo

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

Not to raise any sort of controversy, but the numbers that I got on adding up the totals are much different.

Allied = 48,217
Axis = 21,367

I'm not aware of any multipliers that come into effect for this game, but 42,732 is a multiple of 21,367 by a factor of 2.

Also RACF_FB_ElJefe's score was not added into the original Allied score. He should be at +273.

To obtain these values I used the 'Sum" feature on MS Excel after creating a new column of values and then rechecked by calculator.

To curb my curiosity I quickly checked the scores from the past two Britain 1940 missions and found that while the first Britain score was correct, the Redoux was not.

Britain 1940 Redoux
Axis = 16,456
Allied = 8,242

While these discrepancies don't change the outcome of the events it's strange to me that there are any at all. The scoring of these events should be taken a bit more seriously as to maintain the validity of the Wings~of~War competition.

Attached is the original spreedsheet showing my work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

=AVG=Decker and =AVG=Derring need their scores seperated.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Stone,

Thanks for the heads up. Can you show me where I went wrong on the Britain 1940 scores? I'd like to correct them if they are in error.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Good eye, thanks for catching that. It was super late Sat. night when I finally finished the scores.

There are no point multipliers or anything, just a missing XL formula at 3 am. :)
We can only correct what we know so we greatly apprechiate help in IDing mistakes.

Sorry about the scores, Tigers fault really..... He should know better to trust my cyherin' skills. :D
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth