BERLIN PLANES

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

OldE

Re: BERLIN PLANES

Unread post by OldE »

what about russian IL-10 i like adding planes but in all honesty i would like the plane sets to be semi even otherwise just wind up with people saying F-this and not flying the second half.....hmmm...just like YAK-9UT to make up for a lack of some bomber ness on the german side.

RCAF_FB_Vike

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Vike »

I see that the 190 A5 is available...............well in all reality in 1945 how many A5's would there have been in service when A6, A7, A8 and A9's were available. The A5's were either shot down or being used for parts. The A8 was the most built of all the Anton's and would be more historically accurate for the time period. But my reality is ..................whatever.............

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

The balance is not in the plane set. The balance is achieved by switching sides. Wings~of~War is not another fictitious scenario designed to be balanced. It is intended to be historically accurate and create immersion. That leads me to Vike's suggestion. I will switch the Fw-190A5 for a Fw-190A8, since I believe you are correct.

There are a couple of things that I would like you all to keep in mind; I am not a programmer. I'm a guy just like you that has a server available to him. It took quite a bit for me to figure out how to use the available software to create the Wings~of~War format. And, since I am not a programmer, it is not possible for me to write scripts that allow views on the ground, various kicks for different scenarios (such as a 5 minute delay when landing), or even an automated way to score the campaigns.

I am also not an historian. So, in order to make these campaigns realistic, I have to research them. I can not tell you off of the top of my head which aircraft would be used in any given theater at any point in time. I depend initially on those aircraft that are already available in a given DCG campaign, and then I research the order of battle to determine if additional aircraft were involved in a given theater at a given point in time.

Although it weighs heavily on me when things don't go as planned, I'm doing the best that I can. And, it is a lot of work. The only decision you need to make is whether you're going to invest your free time in playing these campaigns or not. You can choose to contribute by making suggestions like the ones above, or you can vote with your feet and move on. It's entirely up to you.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute
Tiger you don't get enough credit for all your hard work. You told me once when I took over running the Red Baron Servers from you and I quote"You will never make everyone happy just do the best you can things will never go as planned things will go wrong alot of things are out of your control" That was the best advise I was given as it kept me up nites, me and you had many talks over how to fix the server when it would not spit out the the correct files or would stop mid stream. We spent many long nites trying to get things to run correct. Now I'll give you a piece of advise you spend many hours of your free time and you provide a server to play on. I know you spend alot of time away from your wife and child to do these things so " Setup the server the way you think it should be and run it if those folks want to come play and enjoy what you put together they will if they don't like it so be it they can join in the next time." I for one know how much time you put into running these tournaments and enjoy them if the plane set is not even so what you get to fly both sides I find it enjoyable trying to fight against a superior plane with one that is not as good. Just like the movie build it and they will come don't stress your self out life it to short and this after all is a game.

"I Salute You Tiger"
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

hear hear !
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

RCAF_FB_BigCat

Unread post by RCAF_FB_BigCat »

~S~ Tiger

I for one thank you for all your time and effort that you put into these campaigns. If there our pilots that have issues with the game,so be it. There are other servers to fly in.

~S~ RCAF_FB_BigCat

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Come on, all he really does is throw a few switches. :D
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Tiger »

Come a little closer, Warren...
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

You know I stay at drinks lenght from everybody.
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Warren wrote:You know I stay at drinks lenght ahead from everybody.
There ya go I fixed it it for ya :mrgreen:
Trouble4u