Unread post by fishnchris »

:mrgreen:

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Scores for Wings~of~War: Midway 1942

Unread post by Python »

Salute

It's a game Geez I read Tigers email and went in and flew you all need to read your emails stop blaming Tiger and the RCAF they all flew and by the few that showed up on the allied side it appears you all need to pay attention to what you get in your email I had been off line for a few weeks and missed the start of it but I got the email about the restart now I don't have a job but I do work on stuff such as a new game and trying to build a new website for the RAF 209 and was able to take time to fly I did not remind my squadron because I think we are old enough to read the emails and show up so the only person anyone who missed flying should blame is them self not Tiger or The RCAF Geez people it is not rocket science read your emails.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

I missed this one because stand by for 2 weeks means stand by for 2 weeks.
call me a glutton for punishment but being beaten just makes me want to fly more.
I will fly this one, like I said earlier, the idea that we should win because we scored more points isn't that big of a deal.
The way pilots on both sides comes in here and mouth off, is.
As long as people want to sit around and be pissed off at each other things will stay this way, not enjoyable and hostile, its one of the reasons I'm losing interest in a game my own squad is hosting.
P.S Im far from innocent, just sayin is all.
See ya all next round!
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

afterthought
for us to sit here and try to take away from this victory is wrong. We didn't show up, we can't win if we don't show up. Better communication is needed, if you don't understand something ask someone, preferably the boss man.
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

RCAF_FB_BigCat

Unread post by RCAF_FB_BigCat »

~S~ All

As far as who won and who lost the last campaign, I really don't care. I fly in these things for the fun of it. But what I do care about is putting the RCAF down because we come in here in force at all times of the day and night. We have to here Coleslaw and other pilots put us down saying we should move out of moms basement and get a job or other reference to that effect. This isn’t the first time that there was a reference to this. I take exception to this. Most of use in the RCAF are professional guys; retire guys or guys that don’t need to work because of being fortunate financially in life. We do have a few younger guys in our squad that are just starting out in life and still are trying to find their life fortune. So in closing please stop putting us down because we are dedicated to something we put our mind too.

Good luck in the the redux AVG and all the other squads

~S~
RCAF_FB_BigCat

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

C O L S L A W. . When I first stated flying RB I needed a name, so I chose one based on someone from near here - the WWI ace Raymond Collishaw.

I'll apologize for the mom's basement comment.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

J9_Hammer

Unread post by J9_Hammer »

What you dont understand is RCAF is not disrespected for being dedicated and winning.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

You may be right, Hammer. But, I don't think the issue is being addressed properly.

RCAF has more active pilots than any two squadrons that I know of. There's nothing wrong with that. They have the ability to field more pilots than every squadron we can throw at them in Wings~of~War. There's nothing wrong with that, either. In fact, it's rather impressive. Would you normally have something negative to say to or about members of a particular squadron based on these two things alone? I rather doubt it.

So, are we really angry with the RCAF because they won the campaign? No. Did they even do anything during the latest Midway campaign that could be considered offensive? Not that I am aware of. And, I'm sure that's why Colslaw deleted his post and made his apology above.

You and I come from RB3D where it was considered poor form to shoot someone on the ground among other things. We enjoyed a camaraderie based on an unwritten code, and it was our own romanticized version of what we believed the actual unwritten code among pilots was at the time of the Great War. Other squadrons in IL-2 are not as closely associated with RB3D, and the unwritten code, as we are. We cannot expect them to understand or honor it.

That said, there are some things that are inherently dishonest and we all know when we're doing them. If you've ever waited out a kill, you know what I mean. If you've ever slipped off the edge of the map to remain undetected, you know what I mean. And, if you have ever taken the artificial sweetener from the table at a restaurant, you know what I mean (bonus if you actually asked your server for more of the sweetener!).

The RCAF acknowledged that parking a bomber on an enemy field for AI gunners to instantly take aircraft apart upon spawning is one of those things. And, further stated that they won't be doing it in future campaigns by public decree. To me, that suggests that they have a sense of fair play. On that basis, we might be able to come to some reasonable agreement between the two groups so that we can enjoy competing against one another. Most of the guys I have talked to from the RCAF, and there have been a few, are great guys. Folks like Blood, Norris, Delta, BigCat, and Under, come to mind immediately.

So, let's just deal with the real issues as they come up and treat each other with respect (even in disagreement), shall we? I think we will all be better off that way as we will still have someone to fly with in Wings~of~War campaigns. We need to recognize the fact that people have already left because of some of the drama, and it cannot continue.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler