I have installed UP 3.0, cannot join WOW server...

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: I have installed UP 3.0, cannot join WOW server...

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

YOKE wrote:the only thing I can think of is if you were reading other posts that said to create a file inside the main IL2 folder and name it #UP#.
( this was supposed to be for mod additions )

IF you did this then remove that file from your main game folder... even if it is empty... then you "should" be good to go for at least WoW...
This was my problem as to why I couldn't join at first and now it has been tested and confirmed.

If you recently installed the game with and added the #UP# folder because it is an option and not pre-installed when you first install UP 3.0, note that it's for using additional mods like the original MODS folder.

For those of you wanting a modified game, you'd need that folder. For official events remove it completely. Ghost skies had some sort of installer that removes it automatically I believe.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

WWSpardog

Unread post by WWSpardog »

This was my problem as to why I couldn't join at first and now it has been tested and confirmed.

If you recently installed the game with and added the #UP# folder because it is an option and not pre-installed when you first install UP 3.0, note that it's for using additional mods like the original MODS folder.

For those of you wanting a modified game, you'd need that folder. For official events remove it completely. Ghost skies had some sort of installer that removes it automatically I believe.
I did install #UP# and it remained blank. After I removed it, I WAS ABLE to join your server. :D

Thank all of you for your assistance. I will notify my squadmates to remove the folder before entering the WOW campaign.

Note: WWNatops has notified me that he has registered and is awaiting confirmation. So far, we have three WWs: Happy, Natops, and me. More will surely register.

Thanks again, guys!

Spar
Commanding Officer
Watch Your Six

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Spardog,

That is excellent news. I will be spending the rest of my weekend working on a solution so that we can resume Wings~of~War: Ardennes 1944. I apologize for the delay, but there would have been no way to score the campaign. So, I opted to shut it down rather than to have everyone fly the entire week just to find out I couldn't score the match. Look for updates coming soon.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler