Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: Berlin 1945 Redoux Scores

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Congratulations go to the Allied team!

Allied 70,840
Axis 49,987
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Wings~of~War: Berlin 1945 Redoux Scores

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Hey wait a minute, weren't we the allied team?

Pretty cool! S! and congrats all!
Trouble4u

69th_Stonehalo

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

I just started looking at my scores and I noticed a discrepancy. On the Wings of War stats page, it shows that I have 68 kills and 169 ground kills, but you have me for 62 kills and 138 ground kills. Why is that?

And as I'm going through the list, I'm noticing that this trend continues:

69th_RedHawk - has 23 ground kills on the stats page, and you have him for 22 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_BigCat - has 5 kills and 3 ground kills on the stats page, and you have him at 1 kill and 3 ground kills

RCAF_FB_Bozo - has 5 kills and 249 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 7 kills and 175 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_Braun - has 5 kills and 53 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 3 kills and 8 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_Bronk - has 1 kills and 10 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 0 kills and 9 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_CapJohn - has 0 kills and 30 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 0 kills and 7 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_Chevy - has 5 kills and 2 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 2 kills and 1 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_Condor - has 3 kills and 38 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 3 kills and 35 ground kills.

RCAF_FB_Corsair - has 5 kills and 96 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 6 kills and 73 ground kills.

Not to beat a dead horse, but after looking at all the rest of the list, and all of the kill values are incorrect except for RCAF_FB_Delta's tally. And there are RCAF_FB pilots who flew and scored kills on the stats page that don't turn up in your score sheet. i.e. RCAF_FB_apache, RCAF_FB_Aldo, RCAF_FB_GUN_N4U,RCAF_FB_Moby,RCAF_FB_Phil and RCAF_FB_Pope

And not to show any bias, but the same phenomenon happens for the Red Team.

[RS]Rocket_J - has 3 kills and 13 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 2 kills and 12 ground kills.

[URU]Panzer - has 2 kills and 3 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 5 kills and 0 ground kills.

_AH_Nimble - has 1 kills and 61 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 2 kills and 39 ground kills.

_Gunia_ - has 25 kills and 21 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 14 kills and 12 ground kills.

The next 2 were accurate:
=AVG=Big_Fred - has 1 kills and 11 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 1 kills and 11 ground kills.
=AVG=BigO - has 0 kills and 4 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 0 kills and 4 ground kills.

=AVG=Decker - has 1 kills and 15 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 1 kills and 6 ground kills.

=AVG=Derring - has 5 kills and 91 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 1 kills and 79 ground kills.

=AVG=S.L.N - has 13 kills and 106 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 13 kills and 87 ground kills.

And so on...

I'm not saying that the outcome should be any different (because the Red team aboslutely murdered the Blue team), but it seems strange that the two stats pages would be so far off from each other.

-69th_Stonehalo

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Stone,

I must tell you that I run this software "out of the box", meaning that all I did was figure out how to run FBD2, FBD2 Stats, DCG, IL-2 Dedicated, and Hyperlobby together to make this event work. Since I'm no programmer, I can't even begin to fix it. However, I do wonder, as I look at the totals on my score sheet and the totals on the site, whether the totals in the stats pages online include those aircraft that made it home, you receive a Enemy Aircraft Destroyed message, but didn't get the points. And, the tally sheets do not.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

69th_Stonehalo

I'm not too sure if that's why the values are off.

For one, there shouldn't be any discrepancy regarding ground targets as they don't fly back to base.

Also, if the reason the stats are off is because some of the planes "destroyed" made it back to base, then the results should be consistent among the stats that your values should be always smaller than the stats page. And that is not the case.

Example:
RCAF_FB_Bozo - has 5 kills and 249 ground kills on the stats page, but you have him at 7 kills and 175 ground kills.

Perhaps when it comes to the ground target totals, the units that aren't being counted are units that the player had killed, but was then killed himself by the enemy or even ground units? And perhaps the reason you have more kills for Bozo than the stats page is because after Bozo was killed/landed, the plane that was damaged landed at a base where the log recorded it as a kill still?

Regardless of whether the pilot survived or not, there should always be points that are accounted for.

It's hard to say what is exactly going as I do not know what arguments there are in the parser that you are using.

While I am sure that the overall outcome is represented correctly in the score, perhaps we can use the upcoming month to iron out some of these problems and at least figure out what's going on.

-69th_Stonehalo

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

On the stats page I had like 61 or 66 ground targets but on the score xls I only have 29. This is because I was killed before I rtb. If you don't rtb you lose the points from your kills and targets but stats page still shows that they were destroyed. this is probably why you are seeing differences stonehalo
Trouble4u

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

I'll tell you what, Stone. If you can figure this out you have earned your place as our official scorekeeper. :D
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

As Trouble stated if you get killed on returning to base after a bombing run you lose the points it happens in every tournament I have flown in IL2. I can't tell you how many points I have lost after making a bombing run and not make it home. Same as Kills during this past week I know of 4 kills that I lost because of not making it home example I had 5 killls on the stat page I followed a fighter and two bombers to there base the fighter tried to lead me away from were they were landing I stayed on the bombers as one was landing I hit him with a cannon shot got the enemy plane destroyed and the message in chat but the bomber blew up on impacting the ground taking him with me I never got credit for the kill. It happened in Forgotten Skies I ask this same question why does the official score not match the in game score from the server and was told if you don't make it home and land you will lose the points. I was also told if you bail in your own territory you still lose part of your points. There is also the point if someone gets disconnected or dropped you will lose the points because you did not land. I would think it might be good to test the game server and scoring during this break to see if we can come up with an accuraite way to score the tournaments.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

oh.
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

69th_Stonehalo

I believe that I have found out a little bit more about what is actually going on with the scores now. Perhaps, I was a little hasty at first. I just didn't understand why there would be such a large difference between the stats.

I do think that it still might need a little tweaking, as the parser did not score something like 5 of the RCAF pilots who flew and receieved point. One such example worth looking at is RCAF_FB_Scottie. He told me that on the few runs he made, he did make it back to base. So while minimal his contribution may be, there should still be a score for him.

I've been going through the stats, as I'm trying to create an Pilot/Team analysis and there is one bit of information which is not recorded but would be very helpful in the future to have. That is the death and bail values. Is there a reason why those are not recorded on the stats page? Or is that just one of those "I got it out of the box" things?